Thursday, February 10, 2005

For the Love of God, a Good Book, Please!!

Update on last book: Breaking Her Fall

Not so good. It started out very strong, and compelling. A father gets a phone call from another parent saying, "You may want to find your daughter because my own daughter just left a party and your own child just went down on a parade of boys." The father, Tucker, goes to said party, gets into an altercation with one of the boys there, Jed, whereupon Jed falls and loses an eye. This all happens outside DC in 1998. Get the implications? But the author started to meander too much, and lost track of what was the compelling story. Disappointing.

Now I need a good book. Any suggestions? Because it's February in Michigan, and the winter is starting to seem horribly long and cold about now, and books are what get me through.

I've got The Sun to tide me over, but I need some help.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Shipping News by Annie Proulx. - Good for cold weather.
It is also a good day to ponder Arthur Miller.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hmm... Arthur Miller perhaps? I've read The Shipping News already, and agree, it's a good work for a cold day with grey skies.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Firefly said...

I just finished "the Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, and I quite enjoyed it!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ms. Fly-- My mom raved about The Time Traveller's Wife and I totally meant to pick it up last time I was there.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home