Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boring Post

I'm on my first day of solo parenting for 16 days and so far, it's going pretty well. Granted it's only 5 hours into the gig, but we went to airport, breakfast, Lowes, farmer's market, and met some old friends at the local deli for a mid-morning snack. My boy came home and asked to take a nap and is there now, snoozing away. I have laundry spinning and we're going shoe shopping this afternoon and maybe to the mall. If things go really well, I'll mow the lawn.

I am all get and go when I am alone, but a couch potato with Partner here. Hm.

On a different note, my job will change right when I get off orientation, which should be interesting to say the least. The bright side is the rumor that we will be able to get plenty of overtime while our new unit opens up and to start with we'll only have 8 beds. Four to five nurses a shift... I will be starting midnights in July. Maybe sooner. I have to decide how to schedule myself: should I clump all my nights together or spread them out? I sorta think it would be better to get them done together, but I've never worked midnights... I don't really know.

Cricket is like a little boy now. How has this happened? He's even getting text messages from friends on my phone (Hi, Frog!). He loves to tell me "not yet" which I love. He also declares "On y va!" anytime we are going anywhere. I think napping is a good idea and I think I am going to put my head down for a few too.

Nothing poetic or insightful in this post, just general rambling. I'd look forward to any insight about midnight shifts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home