Monday, July 24, 2006

Off to See the Wizard?

We're off to the peri. At least I think we are. The appoint is at 4:00, and it will probably take about twenty minutes to get to that side of town. Partner is not home yet. This is a roller coaster ride we often take-- me preferring to be early and Partner who doesn't really care. I'd like to be early, especially to a new doctor.

To clarify, we're seeing the perinatologist because of Partner's age: 37. Dr. BusyBusyBusy really thought we should get an amino done, but the risks associated with miscarriage are awfully close to the risks associated with Down's, so I wasn't convinced. Besides, would the results make one lick of difference?

So we're talking to him today about the quad screen and the nuchal transparency-- both of which I am okay with. We'll make further decisions based on those results.

UPDATE: Partner just called me. She's just leaving the build site now, which means she'll never get home on time, which means we drive separate. Which is not a big deal, but this morning we decided I'd skip my blood tests, including the glucose test, because it meant we wouldn't be able to drive together. And we planned on going to Costco after the doctor. So it's all made me a little annoyed. I suppose I should leave now. *Growl*

7 Comments:

Blogger Amyesq said...

Good luck!! And I am SO excited about your midwife and birth plans. Good for you two.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Glad I'm not the only one for whom 'partner's' lack of stress about tardiness is an issue... I'm with you, be on time, especially for a doctor!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

All the best - can't wait to hear the outcome!

10:33 PM  
Blogger LilySea said...

I'm glad you're not doing the amnio. If Downs is your only real risk, amnio would give you more stress than comfort, I think. Anyhow, that's how I'd feel in your shoes. I know so many women your partner's age and older who have had successful, healthy, chromosomally typical babies.

I know your body can do it!

Knocking wood...

xox!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Okay, dying to hear how the appointment went! How did it go?

We didn't do an amnio either, the eggs were 22 years old and the screenings were go so we didn't want to tempt fate. The wee one was just fine and healthy, so all was well! Wishing you all the best! So happy for your little family!

11:45 AM  
Blogger vwsista said...

Hi. I just spent the last few days reading your blog from start to finish. Just wanted to say you and Partner are a lovely couple. I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey.

Congratulations to you both.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear how the appointment went.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home