Monday, June 26, 2006

Who Loves Bedrest?

This kid:

Eli. He's in love with bedrest. All day he's like, "Are we really getting on the bed again? This is SO awesome, mama! How come we don't do it all the time? Are you going to do it again tomorrow? This totally RULES! I mean, this ROCKS MY WORLD. Wait, wait, don't get up! Don't get up! Oh? You're just going to the bathroom? Okay then. Oh! What's that?? Is that some chicken my other mama brought to you? Did you know I love chicken? Oh my God. I've died and gone to Eli-heaven. In the bed all day, snuggling, and you're going to let me eat this piece of chicken too? You are totally the best! Can we do this every day from now on? How come we never did this before? Oh-purr-purr-purr.... love... this...."

Whereas me, not such a fan. I've read a lot so far. Three books, four magazines, numerous websites, played backgammon against the computer so much I may have gotten sick of it, something I didn't really think was possible. I've nearly spent $1,000,000 on iTunes, but so far have managed to only spend two bucks (Beast of Burden, Rolling Stones and 3Rs, Jack Johnson [and can anyone explain why I like this song from the freaking Curious George soundtrack so damn much?? It goes through my head all day. Reduce, resuse, recycle! Because three is a magic number! Arg!]). We have food coming in from all quarters, which is great because to say Partner was stressed about doing the shopping and cooking is an understatement. Visitors come by. My mother is braving her fear of the expressway to come see me tomorrow. (We just need her to bring a third and maybe a fourth so we could play some Mah Jong.)

I can't tell you how much the positive stories have helped. I'm intermittently spotting now so hopefully I'll be all healed up by the time we go in again on Sunday (Sunday!).

I guess I'm back to my book and the cat. He probably misses already.

16 Comments:

Blogger frog said...

Eli really IS your Kissa! Hilarious.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

hang in there and stay strong.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Michko said...

cats just know, don't they? mine always hang out with me when i'm ill or otherwise on some sort of bedrest.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Calliope said...

awwww- Eli is so cute!
new itunes band for you to explore: Camera Obscura

too bad there isn't a local book-mobile that could hook you up.

5:34 PM  
Blogger J said...

I'm sorry I live nowhere near the Mid-west. Because I LOVE love love Mah-Jong, and um, not that many people I know play it.

6:57 PM  
Blogger witchtrivets said...

I have no medical knowledge to share, just hopeful thoughts about this whole thing. Not sure how much good that does, but it is something. Hope the bedrest doesn't make you too squirelly. Cats are good for taking the edge off. I had mono in college when Mr. Kitty first came to live with me (he is an old kitty). We did some serious bonding those first few months lying in bed together.

7:31 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Loooove the cat. He looks cold. You better go back to bed, missy.

9:10 PM  
Blogger hd said...

Your cat looks a lot like my Chapin. Sounds a lot like him, too. :o)

Hang in there. It'll all be worth it when you see that little creature inside you again.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Eli is one funny dude!

I'm glad that the bleeding seems to have slowed - hopefully by Sunday you'll be all healed up and can get back to doing your regular thangs.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Glad to hear that the bleeding is easing off. For a fab diversion, check out the link on Amy's blog for the sounds of the 80s. Guaranteed to keep you occupied for weeks!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

bedrest but be brutal. Stay strong!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

OMG our cats are SO the same! My cat would DIE of happiness if I were stuck in bed. Whereas I would just die of boredom. I second La Mousse's suggestion to go to by blog and check out the 80s music video website. It just may keep you occupied until Sunday...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

wandered in from Name that Mama and wanted to just wish you well -- hope that lil cricket keeps thriving

9:20 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

I am so glad to hear the bleeding is slowing! That is great great news. Also sad that I don't live near you b/c I'm all about cooking for those in need of caloric love.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I'm SO happy for the kitty!

Ayup, our guys LOVE LOVE LOVE it when we're in bed - best place to be!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eli is right, bed is the best place to be!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home