Friday, July 14, 2006

Weaned. But Not Happy.

I have one more estrogen pill to take. I'm going to savor it and take it when Partner gets home. I'm going to pour a big glass of chilled ginger ale, and... swallow.

My last progesterone shot was this morning. I was thinking how I'm going to miss that long needle poking my ass everything morning. Sniff. I miss you already 3 ml 22G1 1/2 gauge latex free syringes...

The estrogen patch is itching me right now, so I'm considering taking it off. But that itch?It's reassuring in slightly sick way.

I still have the Lovenox to keep me strong. And the Lovenox only lasts for a few more weeks before I have to give up that lovely too. I'm scared.

Scared of stopping. Will I get the shakes? The tremors? Will Cricket revolt? I'm a P4 and E2 junkie. And I admit it.

That's the first step, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger Calliope said...

you need to get some lollypops. oh, wait, I think that is just for people giving up ciggies.
but maybe a nice chuppa chup would help :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Gandksmom said...

Man, do I remember that. In fact I was just reading this to DP and said to her, "remember when we stopped PIO shots and I cried? You know when Dr. K said my Progesterone was 950 and could support 10 pregnancies. But I stayed on the blood thinner longer than I was supposed to and kept taking that baby aspirin longer too! I know the feeling!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Oh I can imagine that removing the crutch is scary. But I'm sure cricket will do fine without, or the doc wouldn't have suggested it. Good luck.

5:07 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Yeah, the fact is, hallelujah, you don't need it anymore! Yeah! And I bet you'll feel alot better too.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Yay! No more shots for you! Funny, I stopped my PIO shits, then wound up having to insert progesterone capsules into my hoo-ha for the rest of the 1st trimester. That was just delightful! The insertion wasn't bad, but the melting of the capsules was just really special. Okay, I'll stop there. Because it's not like I haven't already divulged TMI. I'm just so happy that all is moving along so nicely for you, Partner and the Cricket!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Weaning is a wonderful thing. It means you're past the scariest part. Fuck the sharks.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Yay, you and Cricket are doing it!!!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home