Monday, July 10, 2006

One Thousand and One Apologies

I know, I know—I should have updated. All I can say in my defense was that last Sunday we had to hustle right out to my parents house after the ultrasound, and I’ve decided there will be no more blog checking from their home, so that meant no posting either. And the week took off, and as I’ve explained to some of you, I think I felt a little post-bedrest blues. It was just scary to think I could get up and walk around and vacuum and make dinner and shop and do laundry and all that kind of shit. So I didn’t do much of it last week either. Nor did I post for you. And I’m so behind on the blog reading, it is almost overwhelming. Add to that that Partner has “updated” the computer and now the Internet regularly crashes on me.

The upshot: Cricket is fine. The tear is (was) 90% healed. The placenta and uterus are totally reattached. (We also Cricket moving-- really-- like bouncing around in there! Holy shit!) Cricket likes to announce me to several times a day that all is well by causing me to vomit. While retching is never that much fun, I’m really not that bothered by it. I like signs. Signs are good. The only time it was really not good was after I had eaten a red velvet cupcake. Not looking is the best thing one can do in situations like that.

I went to water aerobics on Wednesday morning. I was terrified. First of all, I did not clear it with the RE because don’t forget, he’s the one that has already told me not to swim. I figured he would say no way to the water aerobics, especially after the tear. But I’m feeling some serious need to move, and everything I’ve read indicates that doing things like water aerobics are really good, so off we went to the YMCA.

I think I mostly floated about in the water, but I was directed quite often by a class member, who has “been doing this for fifteen years” how to do the exercises correct. She probably thinks I am really lazy, but I wanted to yell, “I still might be having a high risk pregnancy so leave me alone!” Instead I just smiled and did it her way until she looked away. I also thought of the irony that I used to be state ranked swimmer, yet here I was bobbing about in the water with the biddies.

Cricket is 11 weeks tomorrow. And then Wednesday we start weaning the progesterone and estrogen. Lovenox until the RE returns from vacation. I’m freaked about the weaning. I don’t want to stop the shots. Who knew I’d ever feel so attached to IM shots in the ass? What if the Cricket and placenta are not up to the job? It doesn’t bear thinking about, but the fear is there. I suppose like everything else so far, it just is what it is.

That’s a small update, but I promise I won’t ever leave like that again with no explanation. All emails, calls, blog comments, thoughts have been so much appreciated. I constantly wonder how I would get through any of this without all of you.

21 Comments:

Blogger Tamsin said...

So glad to read that things are looking much safer for you, partner & Cricket now.
Hang on in there!

2:20 PM  
Blogger hd said...

Whew. Glad to hear all is well.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad all is well. I hear ya on the weaning issues. I was told I could start weaning my PIO over a week ago. Well, here I am still shooting up on a daily basis. I'm sure I'll run out at some point.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

Glad to hear that cricket is cricketing along. Good luck with the weaning!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

What fabulous news about the tear. And seeing Cricket bouncing around (that's what crickets do, isn't it?).

I started weaning from the progesterone at right around this time (pussaries, not shots), with no issues. I've read in various places that the placenta actually starts producing progesterone at 9-10 wks, so you're well into the safe zone by this time.

I hope that it's all smooth sailing from here on out, and the sharks have all been sufficiently beaten (by you and all of us) that they know to stay away from you!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

And just look at how many people are checking in on you - between the time I read your entry and got my comment in, three more people had commented first! We'll be holding you to that promise of yours :-)

3:14 PM  
Blogger mintyfaglady said...

Thanks for the update. So glad (and relieved!) you and cricket are doing well.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMPH! I was just getting ready to email you...y'know, it REALLY wasn't fair doing that because I wanted to send you a "JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO MY NERVES?" email, but then I kept thinking "what if something awful has happened" and not doing it, and not hearing anything, and...my nerves cannot TAKE that again, so have a heart, already.
That said, I'm SO glad Cricket is okay. It's so much fun when you get to see them moving on the ultrasound for the first time and you have that "holy crap" moment when you realize the little critter is in there DOING THINGS...wait'll you start feeling him/her move. It's freaky.
Speaking of moving, I am supposed to be packing right now, and will go and get on that now that I can stop worrying.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Glad everything is okay and you are out of bed! I also liked the signs..except when I was puking in a public restroom like at Sam's Club (ICK!), or into a plastic bag in the car, or as I ran past DH into the bath room and heard him call "bombs away", or when he asked "were the cranberries still whole?". Yeah, love the signs! But they were reassuring that the bean was still there and still growing.

3:36 PM  
Blogger dkp said...

Whoo-Hoo! Wonderful news.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo glad the tear is healing and that Cricket is doing well in there. I'm hoping for continued good news! I wasn't on prog or estrogen, but I know how scary it was to wean from the Metformin after the first trimester, so hopefully that placenta is churning out rivers of hormones in there.

8:06 PM  
Blogger b. said...

Phew. Very much relieved that things continue to look positive & that Cricket is making his/herself known (I agree, signs are good)!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

So glad that cricket is o.k.

I've never felt compelled to comment until I became so worried for you and your partner that I was checking on your blog multiple times per day.

Know that there are people pulling for you.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Portlairge said...

Yeah! Glad everything is ok. I can't believe Cricket is 11 weeks already. Isn't it amazing to see that little bean jumping around all over the place.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! So glad you and Cricket are fine -- I've been wondering and worrying. Isn't it neat seeing the fembryo move? How wonderful that little C. put on a good show for you and partner.

12:11 AM  
Blogger *G* said...

Yay! So glad to hear all is well. "Bobbing about in the water with the biddies" sounds like fun!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Housework? What is this thing you call housework? Nice update...so glad things are healing up...I just got the news that I'll probably have to wean off the Lovenox at 12 weeks, too. I'm conflicted and afraid. Also addicted to the shots. We call it, "feeding the baby." Take care of yourself!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Hooray!

Glad to hear that all is well and the ultrasound showed Cricket doing her dance.

You had me scared there for a bit, lady...

9:18 AM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Hooray, Hoorah! Keep on chirping, Cricket.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

so glad for the update.
Go Cricket, go!!!

(word verification: nogjr)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me so happy. We love you, little cricket!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home