Monday, July 31, 2006

Don't Call Us, We'll Call You

I'm sitting at home, right? Happily, yes happily, eating my lunch. I have turned on the TV/TiVo, and I'm planning to veg when the phone rings. Don't answer it, I think. Relax. So I don't bound out of the chair toward the phone, I listen to the machine pick it up and faster than I can realize it before it's over, the midwife's nurse is on and off the phone. "Blah, blah, blah, you need to call us back."

(Sit in chair for about one second before rushing to phone.)

This weekend we had the absolute pleasure of meeting Natalie and her two moms, Jen and Cait, for some breakfast on Sunday. I was worried about being in a restaurant, since that is traditionally a place of smells galore, but it was great. The company was super and the food was too! When we were talking with Jen and Cait, I asked everyone to verify my theory that if the GD test was positive, then they would have called me on Friday. After all, I took all those blood tests on Wednesday. Everyone agreed it sounded like I was in the clear. This coupled with my own experiment last week was making me feel pretty confident. (My experiment? I stole one of those little sticks and peed on it while at the midwife. No glucose in the urine, which bolstered my confidence a little.)

Of course, the phone call this afternoon has knocked me back on my arse again. I called back immediately, but got the voice mail. Every subsequent call, and you know there have been several, have resulted in voice mail. No one has called me back yet.

I plan on having a nice little talk with them about why you cannot call a women who has been doing IF treatment and say something like "You need to call us back," and then not be available when she does! And you know what? I might just expand that rule for everyone, regardless of doing IF treatment or not. Just don't. Leave messages. Like that. I know I'm probably being a little histrionic here-- I know that-- but still, if someone could just call me back, I'd be happier.

(And yes, you've read several references to eating. Yesterday-- no puking at all! Today-- so far, so good! Although after the midwife call, I wouldn't mind a puke or two... Just to let me know that everything is okay.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

hang in there. damn voice mail. i hate that.

4:45 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Damn them..... I hate when a Dr.'s office leaves you hanging. Don't they know that it is not nice to screw around with someones emotions like that. But I am sure all is fine. Hang in there and hopefully they call back soon.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I had that conversation with my doctor. I'm like, if I'm not there, just leave every bit of possible information on my answering machine. Do not leave any vague messages with me.

Hang in there. I hope they call you back soon. With only good news so you can breathe again.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Estelle said...

GAH! I hate it when they do that! Hopefully they call you back soon!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Michko said...

hopefully it's just one of those "everything's fine, but we wanted to tell you ourselves" thing.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Hopefully you get in touch with them soon!!!

So it's now been two puke free days? That's definitely sounding like a trend to me. Esp. if smells aren't getting to you as much. Good signs!

10:46 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oy. You'd think they'd know better.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it was totally uncool for them to do that. So, did you find out what it was all about?

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home