Monday, March 20, 2006

The Wild Destruction

Remember this? And I promised pictures of the damage. Well, here they are.



Okay, this photo-- I am sitting on the little deck off our bedroom. When taking this photo, I am at almost the high point of anger. I am thinking of how that morning, I could barely see that garage, and now it's the "feature" of my backyard. I am also trying to focus on that man, who was fiddling with the property stake. If he pulled it out at all, I was going to go beserk.






Clearly some of these trees were indeed dead. This did not bother either Partner or me. Many birds flocked to the dead trees. But many more of these trees were alive. To be fair (am I a Libra, or what?) these trees are considerable farther back on our lot, wheras they were right next to his house. I'm trying to be charitable. And gentle. This was part of my Lenten activity. If you want to be bitchy for me, I won't stop you. In fact, I'll probably smirk and nod and wish you were closer by so we could share such snark in person.





More death and destruction. How does this make you feel? I don't think I'm betraying my Lenten promise by saying it raises furies within me to new levels. This shot is straight down our property line. I can feel my heart being hard again right now looking at this. Why are newly planted pine trees any better than these old trees? Why does everything have to look like a fucking golf course? I hate golf.









And finally, for comparison, this is a photo I posted to my blog last may. As you might be able to tell, here I could barely make out the equipment to pour the concrete for the basement. You might be able to understand better my skeptism when the builder/neighbor tried to explain away his actions by saying "It was all dead anyway." That looks really dead, eh?


I'm angry enough now that my stomach has turned sour and I am off in search of Tums.

9 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Some people don't see the bigger picture, just the bottom line.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Those pictures just make me want to cry with rage. How could they???

5:16 AM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

that is seriously devastating. it was so pretty in the pic from last May, and now - bleh!!!

8:02 AM  
Blogger christina said...

When I read your post about this I had a pretty good idea, or so I thought, but seeing it! Words can't describe it.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

And replacing them with PINE TREES????? Those are the most hideous of all trees. They get so scraggly and yucky. M and I are looking for a piece of land to build on... we found a possibility this weekend, but were turned off by all the site work that would need to be done, including the removal of hundreds of... you guessed it, pine trees. Give me a nice oak, maple, dogwood any day!

9:36 AM  
Blogger frog said...

:(

10:59 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

Oh, I actually gasped when I saw the picture looking down the property line. That man is soulless. Absolutely soulless.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

man...the lot nextdoor to us just sold and I'm looking at the trees that house an owl and a hawk and a bevy of quail. I'm sure they will go the way of your old trees. I too hate golf.

6:43 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

That really stinks. Couldn't he have worked around the trees? What an a**.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home