Thursday, February 09, 2006

Six Good Things from the Morning

1. I got the whole bed to myself last night. One would think most for most people part of a couple this might be an unsettling occurrence, the telegraph sign of a big domestic argument. Perhaps for some, but for me it was only the fault of vicodin. Last cycle, the only pain killer prescribed to dear Partner was nothing. "Take two Tylenol and call me in the morning." This time, perhaps a perk of a new nurse, she was given a healthy dose of vicodin. And indeed the discomfort (if one can call retrieval pain discomfort,because it's certainly discomforting for me to think about) has been worse, and so luck-be-a-lady, it's a good thing we got the heavy hitter drugs. However, taking it at 11:00 pm on the couch means she will not budge, not for the life of her, and it means I got to do my favorite thing: sleep like an X.

2. I got to the post office, bank, and grocery store all before 10:30 am. (Additionally, I had the meat marinating for dinner too!) For some this is a late day and perhaps are agog at my sloth, but considering I rose refreshed from my night of sleeping like an X at 8:45 am, I think this is pretty damn good. (And yes, I took a shower.)

3. While at Trader Joe's, I bought the most delightful new snack: Papadums in a bag, yogurt and dill flavored. Officially, I have a new addiction. I also bought copious amounts of three-buck-Chuck and I plan on drinking a lot of it before Sunday. Because even though I thought perhaps that I might stop drinking earlier before the transfer this time, it's never going to happen. Bring on the manhattans! And wine! I also successfully avoided the $20 bag of coffee that snared me on a previous visit.

4. The sun was very bright here today, and although it's as cold as a witch's tit, the sun was a reminder that perhaps it will be warm again. After taking the garbage down, Partner and I stood in the middle of the driveway like little prairie dogs with our faces turned to the sun.

5. I got a perfect cup of builder's tea this morning. When living in Dublin, my family taught me, rather late in life I must say, how to make proper tea. And of course in Ireland, at least my family, we put the tea into the pot and then leave it on the hob and it gets like you could stand a spoon straight up into it. On tea: next post!

6. Plus, the comments from my last post were fantastic. I think I heard some very powerful reminders about why to not lose hope about this cycle, and you faboo blog friends have heartened me, and I actually feel like a new woman about this cycle. (Incidentally, MFA Mama reminds me that perhaps I am being a bit more silent about details this time around, and I don't want to let anyone down: FYI, as for now, tranfer is scheduled for SUNDAY.)

12 Comments:

Blogger Portlairge said...

Well, that sounds like a really good day. I hope partner got a restful night on the couch also.
I like you more and more as I get to know you better. You like rugby. You appreciate a cup of "proper" tea. We pay $10 for 120 bags of Barry's or Lyon's tea here because we can't stand the puny Ameican shit. My Mother always brings 500 bags when she comes to visit.
So, you're having a four day transfer? Did I get that right? When will you hear about your embryos again.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Sunday means plenty o' time for the drinking! Enjoy :) I'll be thinking good thoughts for you both this weekend.

and can't wait for the tea post. I've been trying to add more tea to my life, so I love reading about it.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!!!! :)
Thinking of you!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

OK - re: Number 3. Why don't we have Trader Joe's in Australia? All of a sudden all I want is those papadums!

re: Number 4. I have been very homesick for my home state this last month or so, which is apparently is very common for imports to Queensland at this time of year cause IT'S SO FUCKING HOT! Please, send me some witches tit colness. Please?

7:48 AM  
Blogger J said...

Tea. I'd love to hear your thoughts on tea - no one here really drinks tea. Except for me, and I have the kind I like specially imported about 3x a year.

Though right now, I'm drinking this "fertility tea" that I'm brewing myself. I've been trying to convince myself that it doesn't taste half bad. But...it ain't great.

You sound wonderfully productive, actually. You're even marinating meat. I'm going to decide to be inspired, and pull myself off of my desk chair.....soon.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

There's definitely an underground tea culture here! I never liked it as a child, but as I've gotten older I definitely like to have my 'cuppa' in the afternoon.

Sounds like the kids are doing well, if transfer is Sunday and not today. Go kids!!!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I love the positive thoughts. I'm thinking of you!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

What has a woman got to do round here to get a bloody good cup of tea, eh? Enjoy the wine and the cocktails as I know you will. Get the Corrie marathon ready for Sunday onwards. Shall I send tapes haha?

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colder than a witches tit... haven't heard that one in AGES... gave me a good chuckle.

Will be sending lots of love your way come Sunday, my friend!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Good luck! I'm wishing you and partner all the best for the transfer tomorrow (that's a day 5, right? That's always a good sign right there). Keep us posted when you can, and try to take it easy, feet up and all. I'll be glued to my computer tomorow working, so you'll know I'll drop by to check in on your transfer and embie stats. Fingers crossed, here we go....! : )

5:45 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

One of the CPAs in my office (he's in his late 60's) walked through my lobby the other day (it was really, really cold) and said "It's colder than a witch's kiss out there" and I had to blink to keep from laughing at the word change. He doesn't approve of bad language. I thought it was hilarious.

Good luck tomorrow (I guess today!)!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Good to hear you have a great morning! I hope all is fine for you.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home