Sunday, January 29, 2006

Estrogen Meltdown.

Downstairs right now are Partner, her sister, and her sister's new girlfriend. I am upstairs, trying to regain control of myself.

Ten minutes before they arrived, I had a melt down, crying over my Szechwan style noodles. Today we are having a Chinese New Year family party. I've made spring rolls, Lion's Head meatballs, the noodles mentioned above, General Tsao's chicken, potstickers, and (whew) coconut ice cream. I made all of it, except the potstickers, which I bought frozen at the grocery.

I thought I was having just my family here around 3:30 or 4:00. But one brother and one brother-fiance work until 5:00, so the day got later, until Partner's sister asked if she could come at 2:00 since she has a hockey game. This, as you can imagine, throws off the cooking schedule just a little. Grr.

And then at 1:30, I officially started an estrogen meltdown. I got into the shower sobbing. I got out of the shower sobbing. And now I need to go downstairs and entertain.

Pray for me. Hard. Because the hormones are officially raging.

4 Comments:

Blogger Portlairge said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Hang in there. The food sounds great though.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sweety... I so feel for you right now... sending you big slobbery smooches... (um... with Partner's permission of course... ;->)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoo boy, with the cooking mercy. Any time in my life I've cooked like THAT, looking back...? Whew. And I thought I had it bad with the grading. Wowee.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Yum-yum! It sounds good. You must be exhausted after all that cooking! No wonder you had a meltdown. Take it easy, Katie.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home