Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Grey Tuesday

If yesterday was Black Monday here in the Detroit area, then today is grey Tuesday. It really is grey-- light grey, which means the weather will do nothing other than stay light grey all day. I'd far prefer dark grey, which means it might actually do something.

Because doing nothing actually seems like what we're gonna be doing a lot of.

Today was ultrasound and blood test day-- for the baseline stuff. You know the drill: check the uterus, check the ovaries and make sure everything is good and still and quiet from the Lupron. Apparently we have to do FDA blood tests and cultures too, since we aren't "sexually intimate." (Um, what?) But that's the government definition, but they don't think we're married either, so whatever-- After four vials of blood each, and few swabs of the old cervix, the magic wand came out of hiding.

Now, let me say that both Partner and I have been feeling twinges down there-- This morning Partner told me she felt like her girls were ready to go. Personally, I've been feeling I've been having some ovulation cramps, but mostly if I think something bad is coming I try not to talk about it aloud too much. It's old superstitious me, but I worry that talking about it attracts it to me.

I guess I could have been talking about it all along, because the bad came anyway. Freaking unannounced house guests! What is UP with them?

I have some freaking big follicles on both ovaries. After, my friends, a full dose of Depot Lupron. One follicle was an 11. Partner had a bunch too. At least two at 9. She had even more than me! A lot-- and hers were after a half dose of Depot Lupron. Both of us were confused by this, because last time after stimming for four days, she didn't even have as many follicles as she had today.

I don't even know what any of this means. How can we both be growing follicles after suppression? Same dosage of Lupron as last time.

We're in holding pattern again, waiting for blood tests. If the estrogen levels come back over normal, that's probably kaput for cycle two. We'll know around four o'clock.

My head is hurting so badly-- when I sneezed, I thought my eyeballs might pop out. Do you think I should just go into the bathroom and cry already? Or try to wait until I get the definitive word?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am so sorry that this is happening to you and Partner. Lets wait and see what the E2 numbers come back at. It might not be as bad as you think.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I'm really sorry for all the set backs. Please don't let your eyeballs pop out though, that would freak me out.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you were upright and your fingers were still twitching enough to blog so you are handling it better than I would already. Carry on, and fuck I'm sorry.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry... but I couldn't get past how PISSED I am about the 'not intimate' thing. Nothing makes me as ornery as shit like that!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home