Saturday, July 12, 2008

33 days and then some

That's what the counter on my iGoogle says. 33 days and then some hours and minutes and seconds attached. It's counting down until I am done with this crazy busy nursing program that thinks we can do 60 credits in nursing in one year. One year. I have 8 credits right now. 8 final credits to do in five weeks. And then I wait six weeks after August 15th, and I take the boards. And then I'm an RN?

If it doesn't get scarier than that, I will also be doing my transition to professional nursing rotation in the ER, by choice. Toward the end of this clinical, which is I remind you, in four weeks, I will be working somewhat independently. Who's scared? Definitely me. I can remember vividly in October trying to draw blood from a fellow student. I could feel the room spin and the dizzy feeling set in. Not from the site of blood, but the fact that I was sticking a needle into the vein of someone I liked. Now I'm going someplace where they are going to expect me to be able to do this.

Breathing deeply.

The best thing I think though is that in four weeks I may actually have time to blog again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amyesq said...

Wait, do I know you? :-)

SO nice to see you post! Eight weeks of hell and finally on to resuming your life. How exciting! And then you have a whole heck of a lot of pictures of The Boy to post. No pressure or anything.

10:04 PM  
Blogger *G* said...

Wow, congrats on making through to this point! Sounds like an intense program, but I'm sure it will all be worth it when it comes time to find the employer of your choice :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow. you are scaring me! Cindy (my partner...mommy to my boys) is planning on starting a one year nursing mobility track in Fall 2010 (when our youngest starts Kindergarten). so glad that the light at the end of your tunnel is so close!

12:49 PM  
Blogger agoodlistener said...

Well, you're unlikely to run into someone you know who needs to get stuck while you're working in the ER, right?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home