Sunday, May 18, 2008

Things I Don't Blog About

I like to think I am remarkably honest on this blog. After all my reproductive and sexual histories are largely public information. I have had no problem detailing or showing hints of intimate details that went into the making of our Cricket. I have cried and laughed in a very real way regarding all the aspects of this singular part of my life. And I've added some other honest portraits in the life of Katie as well, but there are secrets. I suspect that if I wrote about them honestly, I might stop grinding my teeth at night. I'm not ready to start writing about the secrets at this moment since I have test tomorrow. (I am definitively procrastinating by blogging right now, and I still need to review anti psychotic medications, so blogging meaningfully about secrets is just not going to happen. Yet.) However, I do have a wee bit of time to list five of the secrets I am reluctant to blog about:

1. Money & Finances, or lack thereof.
2. The current ownership of our house which is on its third summer on the dreadful Michigan market.
3. Excitment and terror about thinking of moving into at least 2,000 square feet less than we have right now, or "how will I live in a house that is as big as my master bedroom is right now?"
4. My apathy about my impending nursing degree
5. My changed post-Cricket relationship with Partner
6. Reverting to 20 year old status by signing up for Facebook

What I want to know: what do you not blog about? Why? What should I be blogging about, and why?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger frog said...

I'll tell you sometime what I don't blog about, but I'm not going to leave it here in the comments, because that's almost like blogging and then...well, you get the idea.

I do have to say, though, that I got all teary when I realized that of all of the secrets you don't blog, there was really only one (possibly two) that I hadn't heard about from you already. I love that, and I'm honored. :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katie,

i just joined Facebook too...it's bizarre...i kinda feel like a teenager...trying to collect as many friends as possible! as if, she who collects the most...wins a prize!

i don't blog about anything i'm really thinking. cuz my blog has always just been a place to show off my kids. i've considered (and actually started) blogging about relationship stuff; weight stuff; basically ME stuff...but i'm just not sure i want it all out there. i'm not private, but my partner is.

3:14 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Wow. That's my list! (Well, we haven't tried selling the house, but it would be exactly the same thing if we did.)

I'm especially interested in the nursing ambivalence (I was at urgent care with Matilda and the entire time I kept thinking "yuck, I don't want to do this for a living"). Oooh, and changed relationship...19 months later and I'm not really sure I can even remember how things used to be anymore.

Ambivalence aside, congratulations on the degree!

9:50 PM  
Blogger LilySea said...

Well I worry about ya'll all the time in this housing market. But worry not about space. We are living pretty okay in 1400 square feet now and hoping for 1700 when we move.

As for changed post-children marriages? Honey we all know about those!

Hang in there!

x,
shannon

9:04 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I don't blog about the fact that I want to poke my husband in the eye sometimes. Or how I'm on a serious diet. And how I just cheated on it.

Yes, I saw the picture of Cricket with the Swiffer. That baby is the cutest baby! And he's so big now. I need to catch up on blogs. I've been lazy lately.

Take care.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

knowing what to blog about is always a really good question, because it's so different for everyone.

enjoyed stumbling across yours!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

If you had time, you could blog your shopping list and I would read it. But I am a bit mental like that bwhahaha ;)

I would like to hear more about an agenda for a new brother or sister for Cricket???

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope 5 & 6 come up soon...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home