Monday, August 07, 2006

Decision Made

I'm enjoying eating too much to call for the results. I decided that this morning after I was done puking. (And yes, throwing up still seems to be part of my daily routine.) Last night there was fresh shrimp with pasta. And then ice cream. Really wonderful ice cream. I'm going for a week of living large, and that way if I do have the GD, I'll know I had one last hurrah. If I don't have it, well, okay, it's vacation. In the South. Where it's almost a rule that I will need to eat lots of buttery grits and bread pudding and something fried.

It's also our anniversary. And since I can't have a drink like everyone else around me, I'll be damned if I'm not having a piece of cake.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm, that sounds delicious. Enjoy your week of freedom--and I hope that you don't have GD!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Portlairge said...

Yeah, you go girl. Especially if you're puking it up anyway- you're not even getting half the calories!!!!!!!! Have a great vacation. Happy Anniversary to you and Partner.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, have your cake and eat it too!! You deserve it. I hope that, ultimately, it's not an issue anyway.

Happy Happy to you & P!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Estelle said...

damn straight! You'll KNOW if you have it. Really. After that whirlwind diet, you'll know.

3:50 PM  
Blogger frog said...

You two were my thanksgiving prayer yesterday morning. Happy anniversary!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary and happy vacation!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, K & P!

7:27 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Happy Anniversary! I just read your last two posts. I failed my first GD test by a point and had to do the 3 hr as well. And was sick as a dog, trying so hard not to throw up the whole time. My Dr. was nice and let me rest in an empty exam room and watch a DVD on my laptop. Anyway, I passed that one. But like you, while waiting for my results I had a sugar/carb fest. You gotta go out in style, you know? Good luck!

9:03 AM  
Blogger moo said...

Happy Anniversary to you & Partner. I hope the GD is a non-issue. Enjoy the vacation.

10:21 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry I've been such a bad reader and friend, but I think of you guys often.

Sniffle. I'm so happy for you guys.

Hope you don't have GD.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Partner!! Glad to hear that you're living large and enjoying your vacation!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! And have a great anniversary. :)

2:55 AM  
Blogger April said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary. Hope the two of you find many more happy years together.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home