Friday, May 12, 2006

Things to Amuse Yourself While Your Bladder Is Completely Full

1. Put on the surgical cap and model different styles for your partner-- try to find the most flattering way: ears in? ears out? half and half?

2. Impress nurses by injecting yourself with painful Lovenox shot.

3. When nurse comes to get you for transfer, and puts the blanket over your shoulders, do a little twirl and announce, "It's IVF haute couture." No one laughs but your partner. You think you are hilarious.

4. Dance up and down with the "finger" dance when you hear the people in the next pod say they are trying for the SIXTH. (It doesn't seem fair, does it?) Try and remember your theory of wanting to understand people for wherever they are. It doesn't work. Do the finger dance again.

5. Laugh with your partner about the "IVF secret of the day." When you tell her the secret, she asks if there are any more secrets than those two.

6. Decide there is nothing else to do since all this laughing and movement is making the pee desire worse-- Sit tight.

____________________

We transferred three-- Dr. BBB said they were gorgeous. I am feeling really good.

IVF secret of the day: Once I examined a piece of tiny piece of toilet paper in the bowl and wondered if it was embryo that came out. Don't laugh too hard at this. This was a hard secret to tell.

Now go and kiss Pamplemousse for me and wish her luck. She's up next. Tomorrow!!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT..
I am happy to see you haven't lost your wonderful sense of humor. I read daily and think of you often. Your infectious smile will be your guide to having all of your dreams come true..in whatever form it may come in... Hang in there!
Love ya,
Duffers

2:08 PM  
Blogger DD said...

We did the same since we were both in the little funny caps. Plus, It was pretty funny watching Mr. DD try to put on the little paper booties over his monsterous shoes, who ended up having to take off his shoes and go stocking-foot. When they coronated me with the robe and IV bag, the nurse almost clothes-lined me when I got tangled up.

Oh the things that make us giggle when we are high on anxiety.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the number 3. Three embryos, third cycle - and you know what they say about the third time. I hope it's true. I really really really do.

2:52 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Three sounds very promising. I hope at least one burrows in nicely. Good luck!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

I've TOTALLY done that toilet paper thing! Glad to know I'm not alone. Also so happy to hear it went well today!

And I would have laughed at your joke. And the finger dance. Must perfect a not-obvious version for when people make me mad.

Good luck and take care of your self this weekend.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

We'll be thinking of you (and praying too).

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys. And yeah, the Lovenox. Ow.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

I totally would have laughed too. Glad the transfer went well, and hoping like the dickens that you get the result we all want!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Sending you lots of good sticking vibes....

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I laughed my head off at the IVF haute couture - so obviously those nurse have no sense of humour. Wishing you the best luck!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Career Guy said...

Of course they were gorgeous. Would you have any other kind? Wishing you two the best!

11:32 PM  
Blogger LilySea said...

Sounds good to me! Fingers crossed for the next two weeks...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Ok, sticky is the word of the week! All good karma available being sent your way.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Wow! I can't believe I missed a whole cycle! Time flies, and I hope you're next to experience this. I will keep everything crossed for you guys. I wish you all the best and I'm sending warm sticky thoughts your way! ; )

4:45 PM  
Blogger frog said...

You two are very much on my mind.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home