Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Says

It's time for more ultrasounds! And blood draws! Once again, the 12-year old could not find Partner's veins. I can't really find fault with this because Partner has some pretty damn difficult veins. I also have to hand it to her for giving it the old college try every time. I'm not sure I'd be up for it.

Ultrasounds looked fine for both of us. Partner is still on for about ten follicles and my uterus is already past the ever-important nine-mark. Dr BBB said he didn't really need to see Partner again until Sunday morning.

I then showed Dr. BusyBusyBusy my bruises and his reaction? A sharp intake of breath, quickly followed by a more collected response, which alternately is and isn't the reaction you want from the doctor sometimes. He said my bruising was a little more intense than usual, sent me for the blood tests, but also thought my dad probably didn't understand how I was getting the Lovenox and how it differs from a hip replacement patient. The likelihood of HIT? Not much. But we knew that already.

Then we went on with our merry little day. And suddenly at about 4:00, the 12 year nurse called us. Dr. BusyBusyBusy wants to see us tomorrow. No, she doesn't know why. He didn't tell her. I ask, "So it must have been something with the blood results?" She affirms this, but still won't tell us anything more. "So, do we just have to come back to see Dr. BusyBusyBusy again, or do we need to come in for blood too?" Yes, blood too.

And then as soon as our friend who was at the house during this phone call left, Partner cried. And I sent her upstairs to relax.

Have I mentioned how much I hate this?

6 Comments:

Blogger art-sweet said...

Oh Crap Crap Crap.

I will be anxiously awaiting your update and hoping it's just that Dr. BBB can't bear to go a day without seeing you.

9:32 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I really hope it's b/c the 12yr old did something stupid and they have to do a repeat draw; unfortunately, that puts you at risk of being on the wrong end of her (un)skilled attempts.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

Oh God. I always jump to the worst case scenarios. I really, truly hope that it's nothing. Absolutely nothing. One more thing he wants to check. Just to be thorough. That's all. Yeah.

Please keep us posted.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can they leave you hanging like that? It just seems wrong.

Hope everything turns out OK.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm thinking of you both today! Fingers crossed.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Yeah, just what you needed! I *hope* that the visit today shows that everything is okay!!!!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home