Monday, April 03, 2006

Shopping

Yesterday we spent hours in the bookstore perusing plans for our new house. After we staggered out of Borders at 6:30 pm, and I remembered we needed milk. As we were parking the car, I noted a tall handsome man taking a kid out of car. The baby had a little knit cap on, and I said to Partner, "Look at that cute kid." And Partner said, "That looks like Dr. BusyBusyBusy." And once we were in the store, it was indeed the good doctor. When we first realized that it was Dr. BBB, Partner questioned if we should say hello. Well, since he is rather intimate with my (our) intimates, I decided that yes was the right answer. We've already met the babe-- on the day of my last transfer he introduced us to his wife and young son. Now I know that many people might have been upset by this, but not us. Yesterday I met his daughter. We were there to pick up odds and ends: milk, veg, some onions for the curry. He was there to get stuff for "baking." I kept looking in my cart when we were there-- hyperaware of my healthy or not healthy choices. (Or expensive or not: last cycle he gave us a discount and hasn't said whether he'll do that again, but if he saw us buying the Maytag Blue Cheese, would he decide we don't need the discount? Arg.) After all, we parted in the produce section, I could come upon him anywhere in the store. I like the fact that we run into him out and about on the town, but I also do find it strange that someone who is so familiar with my nether regions and is not my partner just casually talks to me over the oranges and limes, introducing me to family. Hm. Does life just get stranger or what?

3 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

I feel the same way about my OB/GYN as he attends the same church and has the same hobby as my husband. Social interactions are common in a small town. I always feel like telling him how things are going with my RE and then I have to shut up and walk away. I wonder if he looks at his patients and just sees one big vagina. What a thought. I guess that's better than seeing a proctologist...*collective groan*

5:08 PM  
Blogger EAB said...

Believe me, I know *exactly* what you mean. Since my mom is the head nurse at my clinic, all of the REs have been family friends for years. They were at my wedding, I've babysat their kids, the embryologist eats nearly every holiday meal with us... talk about over-familiarity!

10:07 AM  
Blogger chris said...

I've never seen my RE outside of the clinic. I've heard he generally prefers his coffin filled with dirt from his homeland to the light of day.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home