Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Hesitate

... to tell you this, especially after my vitriol about the fatty postings, but I did say I would update you, and it appears after two weeks on the South Beach Diet, I have lost eight pounds. This is good, and I'm happy with it. The first time I did this diet, I gave up the booze for the first two weeks, and I was working out with regularity. This time I drank a glass of wine almost every night and didn't work out at all, so eight pounds is pretty damn respectable.

But I figure now that we're done with the evil first two weeks, I can start having manhattans again. Don't you think? And considering we get Lupron in a mere one and half weeks, I think I should enjoy it while I can. Because remember, I'm all hope this cycle. All hope. All hope this cycle. (Say it like a mantra, and maybe it will start sounding true.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Woot! 8lbs!! Way to go, Katie.

All hope, all the time...our motto, to be sure.

9:53 AM  
Blogger DD said...

all hope. All Hope. All HOPE. ALL HOPE.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hope, all hope. But, you know, Manhattans while you can, too. One and a half weeks - yikes!

Bet you're looking good, babe!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink up! Congratulations on the weight loss :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Congrats on the 8 pounds lost!!!

I say - enjoy those Manhattans while you can....you'll be pregnant soon you know!!!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're hopeful right along with ya!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

8 pounds is excellent! Get in all the manhattans you can while you can!!

12:02 AM  
Blogger LilySea said...

I'd say 8 pounds is as respectable as possible, given how unsafe it is to lose weight to fast.
I've considered doing South Beach a number of times (for health and nutrition, not weight-loss purposes) but that first two weeks kill me just thinking of them...

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home