Friday, April 07, 2006

Computations

Last Saturday we were at a friend's newly built house (beautiful), and Partner's uncle mentioned that her cousin's graduation party would probably be either the 15 or 22 of July. He wanted to make sure we kept the days clear. The first thing that went through my head was not, "Oh My! Littlest Cousin is graduating from high school already!" or thinking about what we'd get her or even mentally checking the "real" calendar for those days. Do you know what the first thing that went through my head was? If you're a reader who has also done fertility treatments, then you know.

Yes, I immediately calculated how pregnant I'd be if this next cycle worked. And then I realized I do this all the time. How pregnant will I be? How old will the baby be? We've debated the merits of flying vs. driving to South Carolina for x months pregnant. All these dreamy conversations. I have done this for every cycle thus far.

All medications are in-- Came yesterday in two HUGE boxes from Freedom. The Gonal-F is in the fridge mellowing. We have not one, but two sharps containers. The Depot-Lupron shots take place in less than a week. It's time for me to stop with the hypothetical computations and start thinking seriously about how I'm going to do this cycle.

(And one more small update, because I said I would, but the grand total to date with SBD is 11 lbs.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Pamplemousse said...

You are on the way, girl and girl!

I do the same thing too, calculating dates. I even have the EDD dates for the 2 IVFs that croaked last year. Are we loonies?? I certainly am. haha!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) We all calculate those dates. Its a part of being a woman I think.

7:59 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

yes, the meds should mellow like a fine wine..very funny!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

A little different, but I do the same calculations on how skinny I'll be when XYZ takes place...

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on the 11lbs! That's fantastic.

For me, I've kind of lost hope for now so I'm not counting so much anymore. Although I am concerned about a wedding I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid in this September. What if I'm pregnant then? What if I'm not pregnant then? Urgh.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

congrats on the weight loss!!

thanks to reading about your success, the dusty SBD book, which has sat under my desk at work for nearly 2 years, has finally seen the light. we, too, started the plan. Cindy and i are doing it together and are really having a pretty easy time of it. well...except for the 2 chocolate martinis i had on Saturday which caused me to puke my guts out (probably from not having had sugar in a week!). and while carbs and water usually make a hangover go away for me, i stuck to the water...and protein and veggies yesterday. and i'm back on track today.

thinking sticky happy pregnancy thoughts for you on this cycle.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home