Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Seventh Heaven

I guess the stern voice worked because Dr. BusyBusyBusy rearranged his schedule and did the procedure anyway. We never even had to talk with him-- the 12 year old managed the whole thing. I like to think his conscious got to him! After we've thrown thousands of dollars at him over the past year, so it only seemed right in that shallow capitalist entitlement way.

Seven eggs retrieved-- one less than usual-- which one could be disappointed with, but personally I feel like because it's something different this time, perhaps that means something different in the end. It's a story even if you don't believe it.

Dr. BBB mentioned something about a three day transfer, so it could be Friday or it could be Sunday. I'm hoping a little for Sunday because on Saturday night we have a dozen or so Episcopalian lesbians coming over to dine. If I can't cook, I'll be barking orders from the couch, and as appealing as that may sound, I'd rather be in control in the kitchen myself.

To help pass the time now that we're officially in the waiting period, I thought I'd try to come up with little known secrets about Katie and Partner's IVF cycles (or otherwise if I can't come up with anything scintillating about IVF). Number one secret: Last cycle we transferred three blasts, not two, which is what I told everyone except for one person, who was not my mother.

12 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Good Luck!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Dr. BBB did it. And seven sounds good to me too. Good luck.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crossing my fingers and toes and having prayers and karma and good vibes:)
you get the picture. that all will go well and this one will take.!!!!! hugs tonya

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad that Dr. BBB rearranged his schedule for you two. It's good to feel confident about who is performing these procedures! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm glad, too. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Well this day a year ago worked for us, so perhaps it will work for you this year.

7:16 PM  
Blogger LilySea said...

ooh! Riveting secret. And you go right ahead and transfer three this time too. My expert opinion...

10:47 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Fingers toes and nose.

All crossed.

Aw crap, I need to sneeze.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

You barking from the couch...eeek! 7 is a very lucky number and I am hoping for stellar fert. results for you guys.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Firefly said...

I am so impressed with the way you have taken charge and called the doctor's office the last few times you were unsatisfied. It just shows that the squeaky wheel does get the grease and I am inspired to be a bit more assertive in my own life. Not that you are a squeaky wheel, but since it is such an important process you should be 100% comfortable in every step of the way. Way to be strong and get what you need!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Oh good! This is excellent news!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

Most excellent! Seven has always been my lucky number and I hope it works out the same for you. Now I will keep my fingers crossed that you get some lovely blasts for transfer on Sunday so you can enjoy your dinner party.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home