Thursday, July 28, 2005

I Love Food and Food Loves Me!

I should be inspired by Amy's six-point-six pounds-- well done-- and I should go out for a walk. Or weed the freaking scary garden. Instead, I am only thinking about lunch.

I started out the day well-- "Partner," I said early this morning, "how about a poached egg?"

"Sure!" she replied. So we ate the most delicious farm eggs, poached, on English muffins in the bright summer sun. I felt healthy-- the yolks from these eggs are almost orange and I love them. They make cakes look beautiful. They made the day start right.

I'm on the right track, I thought. I need to lose weight before this baby starts. Eating right starts with a healthy breakfast! I have almost two months. I could lose a lot of weight (don't worry-- healthily) before we doing the implant. Right? Right? I lost weight for our ceremony-- Surely I should be able to do it for a baby? I mean, if I can't control my cravings for the potential health of my potential unborn child, what kind of a mother will I be?

Apparently, a fat one.

3 Comments:

Blogger ckmunson said...

Oh come on now.... :) I dont think there is a woman on earth who hasn't thought that. "Before I get pregnant I am going to loose a little weight, and be more healthy... YEP thats what I'm going to do." That makes you normal. Weight happens during pregnancy - focus on being healthy vs being unfat. I'm sure you'll run into someone along the road that is a human garbage can while pregnant... they are great inspiration to continue eating healthy and well. I myself eat better when pregnant than any other time in my life health wise. I just need to convince myself to KEEP IT UP when not pregnant. :) CJ

4:27 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

There's something about healthy eating that feels really good...then again there's something about ice cream that feels really gooood too!

How about another drink instead?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I imagine myself eating really healthy like when pregnant-- but then again, I imagine myself doing that now too.

I think I'll have the drink that Soul talks about. At least for a few more months before it's a no-go in the world of cocktails.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home