Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Clarification

I think I may have been confusing here. Last week was only my trial transfer. Mock transfer. Empty catheter. Nothing in it. Nada. Although per the advice given here, I will definitely let Dr. BusyBusyBusy know about my cramping.

We aren't starting our first attempt until September. Our first Lupron shot will be August 24th (I think). Which means we won't be doing anything until for awhile, other than waiting and coveting babies and bellies everywhere we go. Or surfing the cryobank in every minute of spare time.

I have found myself assuming things again. Which is dangerous. I am assuming I will just get those little blastocysts shot into my uterus and they'll stay there. I am so superstitious about stuff like this, I now worry that I am attracting bad luck. I need one of these. A friend of mine wore one all through college, and it never seemed like a bad idea to me. I mean, even look how I assumed we'd get blasts. We might just get to day-three. Or we might get nothing. Or we might get something, but they might not stick. Shite.

We might get nothing.

This makes me incredibly antsy and sad. I am sure there is a way to relax through this. I need a new book. And I wish we didn't have to wait.

In the meantime, this link that Daddy, Papa, & Me posted today is too much fun for words.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soul Searching said...

You know, I sat here scratching my head last night trying to figure out how I'd managed to miss something so BIG! But a trial transfer seems like horrible torture. I mean, hell...if you've gotta go up there why not drop some little guys off just in case? What are they trying? Maybe I just don't get it. That, and I just want you 2 to get pregnant! Hope the sperm hunt is going well :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You guys-- hit the nails hard! Yes, "getting nothing" is too scary. I keep trying not to hope to much, but PLEASE, that's just not possible.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home