Sunday, June 26, 2005

Trial Transfer = More Worrying

Dear Fellow (in)Fertility-Mavens:

Of the ten thousand things I worry about, one of the is in regard to the trial transfer we had on Thursday. It went well, and he got that catheter right into my uterus, sans problems. It wasn't that uncomfortable, but I was bummed out to hear that post-(true) transfer, I cannot lounge around in my parents pool. That got a definite NO. Obviously I can't loll about drinking manhattans either. Blah.

In any case, post transfer, I had some serious cramps. Like menstrual cramps. For hours. Has this happened to anyone else? No one mentioned this might happen, and I am wondering if I should tell Dr. BBB about them? Or am I just being, as usual, too high strung?

Love,
Katie, the Worrier

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Cramps and even spotting are normal. But I strongly suggest you let your doc know. I took valium before my transfer. Not only to relax me, but some say, to also relax the uterus once the embryos are there. You mgiht want to ask your doc about that too. Good luck.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just stumbled across your blog. I've been pregnant 2x, although not by transfer. When the embryos implant into the uterus, it can cause cramps. I remember being VERY crampy right before I started my period with both pregnancies, and I'm certain it was them burrowing. So .... hopefully that's what was happening.
Fran

5:46 PM  
Blogger Display said...

Not only normal but common. Many women have them after IUIs as well as transfers. Ditto Stacy's remark about spotting.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Can't offer anything but positive energy here :) Although the valium sounds like a nice idea too...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home