Sunday, July 10, 2005

MI(i)A

My period is missing in in-action.

Today was the day Partner and I were both supposed to start to take the pill. Now, my period was due yesterday. I have been fertility charting for at least a year, and for the past six months I have been using a fantastic chart. I have been spot on 27 or 28 days. Until now. And I am officially at 29 days today and if I don't get my period by Tuesday, our whole schedule is off. Only by a week, but still! Another week of waiting. Waiting. I am not, as my friends will (and can) testify, a patient person.

Is this just the beginning of IVF madness?

Why do we keep getting betrayed by our bodies?

3 Comments:

Blogger LilySea said...

My best friend got hers yesterday at 19 dpo after an IUI.
Our bodies can be spiteful little bastards sometimes.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I know-- this waiting waiting. I feel like I am definitely supposed to be learning something about patience here.

And Shannon-- your friend... Blech. Spiteful Little Bastards! I love it as a phrase-- it slips off the tongue so easily with a nice fricative consonant right in the middle.

4:26 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Awful. It seems to me that the minute I started paying attention to my cycle, it wasn't so "normal" after all. Oh, and it could be all the damn drugs.

Take care.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home