Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Five Things, with a promise to be more substantial soon

  1. Today at work, I got an iPod. It was a prize for all the hard work I have been doing. I could very easily continue to do work like this for prizes like that. No one gives me presents for finishing a stack of grading poorly written essays with faulty logic throughout. Working through the Quickbooks account is slightly more rewarding and easier than grading certain batches of papers. Of course, it's like trying to unravel the Gordian knot, but I'll keep picking away at the little fibers for prizes. I am soooooo easy.
  2. This summer has been glorious in its heat. I couldn't be more happy. I have been annoying people all over town with my pronouncements about the use of A/C. Worried about your gas mileage? Turn off your damn A/C! It's supposed to be hot-- it's summer! I soak it up.
  3. I have finally figured out how to limit my time spent in the office-- Only come in three days a week. If I come into the office, I will stay here for ungodly hours. If I do not stay here I will write more and actually get to emulate that lizard more often.
  4. My friend Lynne comments on a few things: a.) I need to post a more substantial post on my blog, and I am quite sure she is correct. I am working on it. b.) She wants to know if I am famous yet. (And I'd like to thank her for her help in trying to make me so.) And finally c.) Lynne has just given me a present too, just because (I am starting to feel slightly spoiled)-- a jar full of lavender from Williams Sonoma, and just in time I got this recipe for Honey Lavender ice cream from Martha Stewart. I'm putting the ice cream maker in the freezer tonight. My next task will be to figure out how to make the recipe kosher. If I put non-kosher chocolate, milk, or cream into the ice cream maker at one point, does that make the whole thing non-kosher? Help.
  5. My period has still not arrived. I'd think I was pregnant if I didn't know better.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Maybe you're pregnant from a miracle!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh MY God-- I am the REVERSE virgin!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool article on moving! i love to move. i like packing and condensing our lives into boxes and then getting to put them away...in a fresh place. we usually get unpacked in just a few days...and it looks like we've always lived there. i know i'm weird.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the ice cream maker never heats up to untouchable hot, it won't make it non-kosher. :)
Thanks for trying.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

Oh my gosh you are famous. And, like me, your house is way too big for just two people and some cats. Need babies now.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Career Guy said...

Let's get back to the iPod. I bought myself a 6 gig mini and now have my entire library in there--1,361 songs from 125 albums.

http://careerguy.blogspot.com/2005/07/i-pod.html
(Sorry--don't know how to make links appear in comments. Do you?)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home