Saturday, April 16, 2005

My Partner and the Bash

Tonight I have a "bash" to attend. I was on the planning the committee for said "do". The party is a fundraiser for an organization that I am on the advisory board for. Two of my very dear friends are honorary co-chairs. I will see friends I see twice a year: once at this event, and the other at writing retreat held up north Michigan. I should be excited. I should be dying to go. Objectively speaking, I probably don't look that bad right now, all dressed up.

But I feel bad. Very full of PMS symptoms. So I feel u-g-l-y, ugly. And today we got a deck. So all I want to do is sit outside, with a martini, the grill, and a good burger and just... ahhhhh... But this party... Blah. And I am supposed to be going without partner.

But just as I was walking out the door, she said, "Hold it, I'm going with you."

Oh. My. God. I love her so much at times like this. Isn't she lovely?
________________________________________________
A small edit on Sunday morning: we had a good time, and I was glad I went. But sometimes it's just hard to drag myself to events like that, where I need to dress up and know I'll have to socialize. I call these times my hermit periods. We danced like crazy, and at 4 am I woke up with a giant charley horse. It lasted a long time. I think I kicked one of the cats when I woke up. Does anyone know what to do for instant relief of a charley horse? My calf is still sore this morning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More arguments for Partner's Sainthood. But I'm sure she had fun too.

Arnaca - for anything that hurts. It's magic.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I totally forgot about Arnica! Since my leg still hurts, I am going to put some on it when I get home. Do you think they'd help with the killer period cramps too? I wish.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, when you get a charlie horse, eat some salt. Just dump half a teaspoon in you mouth. Also, eat a banana if one is on hand. No, I'm not advocating banana consumption because I am a monkey. I'm saying that the cause of charlie horses is usually an imbalance of sodium or potassium ions. Try it and you'll be surprised how fast the results come.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Monkey-- I knew about the banana stuff, but unfortunately I am not a fan of the fruit and do not usually have them on hand in the house. I will try the salt cure. I read "Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight" last summer, and they were always drinking salty water. I took a vitamin, but of course, my body needed to break it down, drank copious amounts of V8 and OJ.

Don't forget snack day tomorrow! Come hungry!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

My partner had a lot of those during pregnancy, fyi. I don't know if arnaca is okay for pregnant women, but bananas are fine.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home