Sunday, October 16, 2005

Working Again!

"This is a whole different ball game," the doctor said as she scoped Partner's ovaries. Her estrogen is at 1560. She has some huge follicles. I can't believe that on Thursday it was only 360 or something like that.

We're probably going for retrieval on Wednesday or Thursday, but doc said, "If I was a betting man, and I'm not, but if I was, I'd put my money on Wednesday."

His theory is that she just had a longer latent period, and for some women it just happens that way. It doesn't predict anything when it comes to a successful cycle.

This is all from Dr. Associate since Dr. BusyBusyBusy is still out of town. I just hope that when he returns he agrees with all the conclusions Dr. Associate has been making.

If I said I was cautiously optimistic, that would only be partly true. You can guess which part would be a lie.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAAAY! SUCH good news! Will Dr. Busybusybusy be back for Weds. or have you basically switched doctors now?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

Wow, Partner is a machine! I can hardly believe how things are turning out, your head must be spinning! I raise my glass to you guys.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

This is excellent news! Sounds like her body was working overtime while she was sleeping. How fabulous!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

Fantastic!!! I am so happy to hear this! Still praying for you guys! Go follicles, go go go.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's awesome! I will keep everything crossed for Wednesday (or whatever day it ends up)! So excited for you both.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Amazing!! That is wonderful news!

I will have to remember the hibernation technique for next week when my follies are growing. :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Woo-hoo! Go follicles!!! So glad things seem to have turned around.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope this means you and partner can relax a bit.

Good luck for Wednesday.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Rock on follicles!!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With you with you with you!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

Shivering for you! Will be waiting on the edge of my seat till I hear it's a successful retreival (but it will be!)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! Go follies, go!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you want something so much, how can you help but hope with all your heart?

Best of luck this week!!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! FAB NEWS!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Just checking in and wow! what news! My admonition to giddy up was definitely heard.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh, my God - what a tremendous relief! I'm so happy to hear things are moving on track. I'm prayin' they stay that way! Thanks for the great updates - I'll be looking forward to more! Go follicles! Go lining!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thank you thank you thank you!! Dr. BusyBusyBusy is indeed back, and amused at our neuroses.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home