Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Or Maybe Not...

Well, we didn't get a call from the nurse about Partner's E2 levels, so we'll have to assume things are going forward. We weren't so sure after leaving the office this morning.

The ovaries did not want to present themselves this morning. They were feeling somewhat anti-social. Buggers.

The left ovary had three small follicles. Lazy fucker.

The right ovary had four bigger follicles, the largest of which measured 10mm. The nurse reminded us in a sort of doom and gloom manner that the follicles must measure 18-20mm. And do you know that look you get sometimes from the staff? The oh-shit-this-isn't-quite-working-out look? Do I imagine this look? Okay, but at the same time the nurse did say we'd know more on Thursday. This is the one slim small ray of hope. And she did say that some couples have gone ahead with retrieval even when there's only been one egg. That wasn't necessarily reassuring.

Our doctor is still on vacation. Which means the decision to trigger will be made by his associate, the same super senstive guy who told Partner her uterus was not "viable."

I am not feeling positive.

How do I start feeling positive again? I've gone from almost feeling the baby in my belly to walking around the house humming, "Stormy Weather."

Also, no explanations on why I myself have four follicles on one ovary. Since I am taking no super-ovulatory medicine, no one has a reason.

The nurse said she'd call our doctor, who is currently in Lebanon, after the ultrasound on Saturday-- that she'd give him all our stats. I should have said, "Don't bother Dr. BusyBusyBusy on vacation. Let the poor man rest!" But I didn't. And a big part of me wishes she'd call him sooner. "Ask him," I want to say, "if we should push more meds! No wait-- just give me the phone-- I'll ask!"

She promised that he'd be back for the retrieval if we were going forward.

...don't know why there's no sun up in the sky...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can just hang in there until Thursday. I hope you get the results you need then.
I'll be thinking of you,
- Kim

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ugh. C'mon, follicles! You can do it. You have no idea how many people want you to grow!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that those follicles grow!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

White light and follicle-growth thoughts (but the latter only directed at Partner) to you today and tomorrow and for as long as it takes.

I think this, at least, will make you stronger...

1:30 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

It could be that it is going to be slow and steady? It sucks though when you are hoping for great follicle news and all you get is "Umm". Hang in there.

PS maybe your follicles are cysts or antral follicles? Just guessing - I am not a doctor!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers, toes, and assorted bits and pieces are all anxiously crossed for both of you!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

Ugh Ugh Ugh to the needles and everything. But I will be keeping positive thoughts for you and partner for tomorrow! I agree about the slow and steady thing. I mean, as long as you don't have one ginormous one sucking the life out of all the other ones, then perhaps they are just taking their sweet time.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You guys are great cheerleaders. I am loving all of you right now. I have also been crying off and on all day. Could this be estrogen induced love? Like beer goggles? Somehow I don't think so. I think I really do love you all.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home