Friday, October 21, 2005

Space Filler

I was calling the nurse as she was calling me. I clicked over and we had some small talk. Finally I said, "Enough of this. tell me the news."

I've been thinking a lot about the nubmer zero. What if zero fertilized? Dr. BusyBusyBusy told us to expect about half of the eggs to fertilize. That would be four, not zero.

When my youngest brother was a kid, he used to have dreams about giant numbers chasing him off the side of a cliff. Sometimes, he confessed last weekend when I had the brothers and their girlfriends over, it was dots. And sometimes they were chasing him off the side of a cruise ship. we usually have a good guffaw about this, but I've been more sympathetic to the enormous fear of numbers or lack of them. Zero. What if?

This morning Partner checked the sperm bank. There are zero vials of Thor left. (Thor=sperm donor) There was the zero I was concerned about, right? Right?

Right. All eight eggs fertilized. And all eight are looking good. We scheduled a five day blast transfer. That's Tuesday, folks. Tuesday. Everything between now and then-- just space filler.

17 Comments:

Blogger Firefly said...

Well wasn't it once said somewhere that "Eight is Enough"? I will be thinking of you while I am away this week, and scrambling to find a computer to check on the news....I feel like a nervous relative, how must your real friends feel? Once again HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

YEAH!!!

Still keeping those fingers crossed, though, this time for the transfer!!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee, that's so THRILLING!!!! How many will you transfer?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, that's superb! Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger LilySea said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOO-HOOOOOOO!!!! How many are you transferring? How many? Do you realize that by this time next week Partner might be able to say that she's knocked you up? I can't wait to find out, and I'm not even involved...you must be losing your mind! Go embryos!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Giddy up, Super Eight!!!

Tuesday is so far away!!!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

I am so happy for you!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

OMS!! This is so fucking fabulous! I'm so happy to read!! :)

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That's awesome!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Holy frickin' cow!!!!!!

That's incredible! I am so happy, excited and relieved for you! I had to catch up today because I had crazy deadlines all week, but boy! This is fantastic news! I'm really happy to hear about this! Keep us posted on the transfer! Good luck with everything! I will pray fro you to get knocked up.

Oh, and happy birthday, btw!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...what a wonderful post!!! I hope you have a fabulous week.

8:06 PM  
Blogger frog said...

Tuesday. AKA TOMORROW!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Just one more sleep!!!!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing! :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger April said...

Congratulations! Keeping everything crossed for you two.

I hope the transfer goes smoothly today

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home