Monday, April 25, 2005

Just the Facts, Ma'am

I've been grading papers for hours now, and I am finally all done. I have a few facts I think you should know in light of my afternoon with final exams:
  • The Declaration of Independence was written in 1776; not 1668, 1863, or 1964. Additionally, the colonists were voicing opposition to George III, not Camilla Parker Bowles.
  • "The Bed and Breakfast Act" is not a real answer. It's a joke.
  • Gunner Mrydal wrote about the American Creed, not the American Idol or Pie.
  • Yes, there were four students shot at Kent State in 1970. No, this was not propaganda.
  • And finally, the basic belief of the Declaration of Independence is not, contrary to what some might tell you, the right to bear arms. Remember that part about "all men created equal"? Also, it's helpful to not confuse the Declaration and the Constitution.

I am done grading. And I am so much more than happy that I am not teaching this summer. Which is sad really, because I love teaching. (That's not sarcasm, as much as it sounds like it at the end of this post; I really do love to teach.)

There are a mere seventy four hours between me and a plane bound for Paris.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!! Great post!!!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Hope the trip is fabulous!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home