Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Absolutely No Concentration

So, when Dr. BusyBusyBusy gave us the BCP to synchronize our cycles, the nurse said, "Call me when you start pill-pack two, and you'll get your schedule then."

We started pill pack two on Sunday. I called Nurse on Monday. She wasn't in until Tuesday.

Today, I missed her fucking call.

I just got the voice mail and I am totally shaking. I can't concentrate. I need to figure out how much money we owe to the crazy lumber company and I can barely hold a pen, little less work with QuickBooks and a spreadsheet.

I want her to call me back RIGHT NOW.

I wonder if this emotion sounds familiar to anyone else?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nico said...

Completely and totally! You've waited for so long, now that it's finally here you're *ready*. So to have to wait more is SO frustrating.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks, Nico.

Oh yeah: I am trying to think of questions for you too!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh, believe me - I know. I just went through a donor cycle (my cousin volunteered) and we just wanted as much information as possible. Everytime I drove my cousin in for her appointment, they didn't realize she was a 'known' donor, so they sent us to sit in a consult room off to the side. Once they finally figured everything out, We were 'allowed' to sit in the waiting room with everyone else. Their treatment was very good, though.

I'm sorry I haven't read your entire blog yet, but who's donating and who's carrying? Congratulations on getting started by the way - it's so exciting! Hope y'all are knocked up soon!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home