Monday, February 26, 2007

Here Comes the Sun. (Please, Please, Please)

Today as I was writhing around on the bed, crying and whinging, Partner asked me what might make me feel better.

The answers are almost boundless: sleeping for longer than a two hour stretch? Sleeping in the bed? Sleeping next to her? Cricket to smile at me, really really smile at me? Selling our damn house? Selling the new damn house we're stupidly building? Finding out I don't really have to take Organic Biochem in the spring? Being able to eat anything and not feel guilty about the kid screaming for hours because I ate a really delightful garbanzo bean salad? A manhattan? (Jesus, remember those?) Hydrated skin that isn't flaking off? A haircut? My eyebrows waxed? Clothes that aren't stained by sour milk? New shoes? A new jacket? A new kitchen table? A used-new kitchen table? A makeover? Winning the lotto? No guilt? (Ha!)

But really I knew the answer instant she asked-- I could see the forecast on the weather channel for the rest of the week: clouds, clouds, clouds which pretty much equal grey grey grey. So what do I want to feel better?

I want the sun. I want the freaking sun.

If that damn groundhog is wrong, we might be taking a road trip to wring his little neck.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I have a table you can have :-) Granted, I'm about 2500 miles away but you can come hang out here and get some sleep and play in the sunshine and take a table home with you. :-)

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will totally join you on that road trip.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

The one bright spot of the Twin Cities is the sunshine. It's all the snowy cold of other upper midwest states but with lots more light. Hugs to you :)

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home