Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Maxi!

So in the beginning, I thought the "morning" sickness was okay because it was my most overt sign of pregnancy. Even as I wished it would stop, I was alright with the pukeus maximus action because it indicated positive baby presence. I did make sure to note, out loud and in silent prayers as I retched over the toilet, that the sickness could cease as soon as I felt movement.

And then, as you know, I felt the ever-so-slight movement of the kid. The puking was okay then too, because the movement was just so subtle. But it's not subtle anymore. And it's not my only sign. My breasts are tenderonis, my left leg often goes numb. I cry at the drop of a hat.

Yet I still puketh.

I'm prepared with my plastic bags in the glove compartment, but I do hate when it comes on suddenly while I drive. It is not so much fun to drive, holding the clear plastic bag up to the mouth and search for a suitable parking lot-- That would be one without much foot traffic or many moving cars. Generally when you are near campus in the fall, parking lots like this are few and far between.

Last week I used my last napkin. You know, for wiping the mouth. Then Sunday, after church, I knew I wasn't feeling well but agreed to go for breakfast anyway. Before we hit the joint, I got an attack. A bad 'un. And threw up and up. And Partner, who had recently cleaned out my car, searched in vain for something for me to wipe my mouth with. You know what she came up with? A maxipad.

I'll just leave it at that, shall I?

13 Comments:

Blogger frog said...

I should be laughing. But I'm laughing.

I miss you guys!

4:30 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Um, unused, I hope?

I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Really.

8:02 PM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Guh. But, Brava! to partner for the creative use of feminine hygiene products!

Just wait till you learn the creative ways in which a labor & delivery nurse uses newborn diapers...

--Bugs

8:42 PM  
Blogger Portlairge said...

You know........maxis are all in this season. Click on the link if you really want to feel sick.
http://www.asos.com/Paris-Hilton/Paris-Retro-Maxi-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=94676&cid=1391
No eally- I am so sorry you still feel so nauseated. I hope it passes soon. Thinking of you.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

You must have been laughing through the heaves.

God knows I'm laughing so hard right now I'm gonna pop my stitches!

Too, TOO funny!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Michko said...

Better than your shirt, right?

And ditto to the "creative uses for newborn diapers" comment. That one will certainly make you go "hmmm...didn't know we could do THAT with diapers".

4:54 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

I went through a day(only a day thank god!) of "vomitus chronicus" while I was watching two boys under the age of 5 at a "play" museum, by the end of the day I was out of "supplies" and ended up driving home with a diaper on my lap, it was all I could find. It made me really appreciate how awful it must be to have morning sickness...I was ready to swear of children after only a day! You are woman!!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger hd said...

Whooo, lord. Now that is funny.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you're still sick. That really sucks!

Speaking of maxis, I bought some after delivering, for the aftermath. They're so high-tech these days! Pulling the pad right off the wrapper, and then the single piece of paper over bith wings... almost too newfangled for me!

9:32 PM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Hey, whatever works. When you're throwing up that much for that many months, pride sort of goes out the window. I hope it stops for you soon. It lasted my whole pregnancy, but I remember just kind of getting used to it by like week 25 and minding it a little less. Sad but true. It sounds like you're doing really great despite all the discomfort.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hey, they are really absorbent! Hopefully you won't have any other use for them until after the wee one's been weaned. I am sorry you've felt so icky. Please refresh my memory: when is your due date? : )

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok - can someone tell me - what do they do with newborn diapers? i'm afraid!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, girly. You are still puking, too? So sorry...

Yesterday I had a bad attack as I was driving down the highway in our huge pick-up truck. There was no time to pull-over and the only thing I could grab happened to be a tupperware container of cat food.
If there's anything worse than the smell of puke, it's when it's mixed with cat food.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home