Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The House-- FINITO!

I took a ton of pictures last night at the house, and unfortunately, Partner appears to have taken the digital camera with her to work. She might actually need it to post pictures of a (different)house she has listed to the MLS? But please-- I wanted that camera today to share photos of the finished house on my blog! How selfish of her!

We did get the house finished--believe it or not. I even got my little self-guided tour booklet produced and copied. The house is beautiful and I hope someone buys it now. This is a longish story, and one I said I would not tell on the blog, but suffice it to say, it was built for someone else who now feels he cannot afford it. I am not sure he appreciates it either. I know that building a house is a totally stressful experience, especially when you have an imposed deadline. Still, I am not sure it's appropriate to accost the builder's partner and scream, "When have you been on your hands and knees cleaning this house? Huh?! WHEN?!?!" It's especially not appropriate when said person has indeed been on her hands and knees cleaning, for no pay, all that week. I could go on and on here. But I won't. I promised. (I won't even tell you what nasty rejoinder I had to that question. It wasn't nice, and I am not contrite about saying it.)

Let's just say that it is my sincere and fondest hope that whoever buys this house appreciates it for all its beauty and fine construction. Thank you for your inquiries!

I'll try to put up a picture later this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Wow and congrats on finishing the house! Would love to see the photos when they return to your realm.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! And I mean that in all sincerity... I'm the Vice President of a large residential development company in Canada... and what you did for that house... is my job everyday!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home