Thursday, June 09, 2005

Er-peas, Redux

I am not sleeping well at all lately; instead I am finding myself awake about 3:30 or 4:00 am. What am I doing? Worrying. Mostly it's about this house we have to finish by about noon tomorrow. (I sometimes feel like we are in a giant episode of Ground Force/ Changing Rooms and whatever that other show is where they put up a new house in about three days.

It's almost done.

But last night I woke up from a dream that was not about the house. Instead, I was dreaming about our RE, Dr. BusyBusyBusy. First of all, in the dream he was... how can I describe it? Oh, frolicsome. Our RE, as I assume like most REs, is not frolicsome. Friendly he is. Professional. He even seems kind. But he is most definitely not frolicsome.

And in this dream he told me I couldn't have children either. Why? My blood tests showed I had herpes. And he just couldn't inseminate a woman with herpes. I kept asking him to just do the ultrasound anyway. Didn't he want to look at my ovaries? My uterus? I was frantic.

When I woke up, I felt that familiar little tingle on my lip.

I just hope the herpes part was the only fortelling the dream was doing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I wonder if your Dr. Busybusybusy is our Dr. Bigwig.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Mmm... Brooke... Email me and let's compare notes!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Amyesq said...

Random dream.. Did you get the house done?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Maybe you're pregnant already? Marcia maintained her denial at least 4 months into both of hers!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home