Friday, May 27, 2005

Update

First of all, thanks everyone for the comments of hope and emails too. I talked to Dr. Dyke, and it's not really fair to make this story, so let's come to the point and tell you that I am probably okay. There is indeed a cyst on my ovary, fairly large, but it could be anything-- the endometriosis or leftover from ovulation-- and Dr. Dyke suggested that another ultrasound be done in three months. If it has grown in that time, then she'll be concerned, but otherwise for now I am sound.

The only other surprise has to do with Partner, and right now she's not sure she wants me to blog about it.

More later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for you. whew...breathing huge sigh of relief. have a great memorial day weekend. we're off to see family south of Houston.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Firefly said...

I had the same thing a few years a ago...I never thought I would hear the words "try and relax, I'm going to now insert the probe" in real context, but lucky me I got to experience the "internal untrasound". I was fine after a few weeks, they changed my birth control pills and that helped. I hope you have just as simple a resolution....it does hurt like a bugger though doesn't it?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

It did hurt, especially when they pushed it off the right! I was gritting my teeth.

Thanks, guys.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home