Monday, May 16, 2005

What I Want

Forget the brother. Here's what I want.

I mentioned it to my mom this weekend, and then she called me to tell me that was what she was getting the kid for graduation.

No, no, no, MOM, you misunderstood: I said I want it, not I want you to get for Baby Brother.

Seriously, we have regular XM, and I listen to it all the time. I love XM. Pretty much it's either "Real Jazz" or "Hear" on the radio around here.

There's a larger component to this "I want" thing though, because I want things a lot. My list of 'want' cds is long right now. (Beck, Guero and Springsteen Devils and Dust are quite high on my list.) I want a lot of plants to put into our non-landscaped yard. I want an herb garden, with a little gurgling fountain in the center. A fountain that is made up a huge boulder with a hole drilled through the center, and water just bubbling out the top, ever-so-slightly. I want almost everything from Smith and Hawken. I want a new bed. A king size bed. I want all the totally adorable baby clothes we saw in Paris. I want to still be in Paris. I want it to be warm out. I want a martini on the back deck. I want someone else to cook dinner tonight. I want a housecleaner. I want someone else to go move my car into the garage. I want a new car.

I want a baby.

Okay, and just so you know, I typed that list in about two seconds. No joke. There's a lot more, and I am slightly ashamed to admit I could probably blog for a week straight with just "I wants." This was merely a free association.

We are so lucky, and we have so much already. What are we filling our lives with? What are we lacking? Or feeding into so intently that even though I am totally happy and content with life, I can still look through a catalogue and be ready to buy something on every page?

Wow-- and how did that happen? All I really wanted to do was express how cool I thought mobile XM probably is...

Okay, but what do you want? Off the top of your head? Your really selfish wants... admit all!

5 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

an IPOD, a laptop with whatever mojo it takes to be connected without wires to the internet, The Office complete series on DVD, a sleeping bag with a duck cloth exterior and flannel interior, a wind up flashlite, the new Audioslave CD, a new bed, a VERY nice digital camera and what?? It was a hypothetical question? oh.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I am adding a Blackberry to my list. And as I told Jenny, I am adding a wind-up flashlight too.

I love this game.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Soul Searching said...

Ok...treadmill, a smaller pink kate spade, lighting throughout the house, new countertops and cabinets, tile in the upstairs bathrooms, clothes!!!!, a new job, cute pink sneakers from the Nike Maddie collection, new Liz perfume.

Fun!!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want my nearly 3 year old to sleep in his own bed; to be able to lose weight while still enjoying food; to have time to work out; to enjoy working out; new clothes in a smaller size (after i lose weight); easier to style hair; oh...new countertops would be so nice; new hardwood floors to replace the icky carpet; to be able to fit into anything in the title 9 catalog.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I want everything you guys want too.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home