Saturday, February 28, 2009

I had this day. One of those days... First of all, I didn't sleep well. I was awake all night until, of course, the alarm went off. Then I could sleep immediately. I snoozed too long, which meant I was running late to work. A shuttle comes to take us to work, so I sped to work worried the shuttle was going leave without me. I got there four minutes late; no shuttle. I panicked, but figured someone would have called me. I sat in the parking lot, 6:30 am. I thought I'd finish my tea and read my magazine, wait until people came at 7:30. And then 7:30 came and went. No one. I started calling everyone I knew who might be up, anyone who could check my email for me, see if I had gotten the time wrong. Finally after waking up my youngest brother, the lead for the job called me back. 8:30 was the meeting time.

I felt like crying. I'd be sitting in the parking lot for nearly two hours before I even started work. And then, my car battery died. Ordinarily a pain, but with money as tight as it is, it felt even more looming. My partner was not answering the phone. I felt pretty alone in the world.

At work little things added up: the button popped off the sleeve of my shirt. Nothing seemed to go quite right, until about noon. I got my stride, but still, the morning stayed with me. I finally got through to my partner, who came and jumped the dead car, changed out the car seat, took the dead car to get a new battery and left the working car for me. People I worked with commented about how nice that was. It was. A huge load off.

I ate dinner at nearly 10 at night. I wish I could say the morning faded away, but it seemed like the day came around full circle. Sadness and things I can't control back with me at the end of the day. I'm so tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger queen said...

What a bummer morning. I'm sorry. Your partner sounds pretty awesome, though!

7:39 AM  
Blogger agoodlistener said...

Gotta shake it off--that kind of stuff. It's like Mondays. Want to hear my theory? Of course you do. Here it is: cosmic forces build up over the weekend. The waves break over us on Monday and it's best to just let them wash over us and not get too bothered by it all. The next day is always better.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home