Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stupidly Smug

To the Lady in the Silver Saab:
I saw you today driving around Ann Arbor, which at one point was probably its own little enclave, but is now probably a suburb of Detroit, there's that many people commuting nowadays. You had a bumper sticker that proudly proclaimed that you only shop at stores that are locally owned. And yet you were driving a foreign car. In the Detroit area. Huh. I wonder if you thought about that?
Cheers,
Katie

(P.S. to the blog readers: I am not opposed to foreign cars. You need to buy what you feel is right for you and and your family. I'm just noting that the bumper sticker didn't quite jive, n'est-ce pas?)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Bwhahaaha. That's kinda funny.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Portlairge said...

Now that.........is hilarious.

9:58 PM  
Blogger agoodlistener said...

Got it! My son's girlfriend has a great bumper sticker. She was saying that she usually behaves herself and I quoted her own sticker to her: "Well behaved women seldom make history".

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many so-called "foreign" cars are assembled right chere in the you-nighted states. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
P.S. I drive a Mercedes E320 and I don't give a flying Fig Newton what you think.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anon, you're pointedly missing the point. And don't look to smart for it.

1. Read the post. I said I don't care if you drive a foreign car. I might buy a foreign car myself with our next purchase.

2. It's not about where the foreign cars are assembled.

3. I don't smoke.

4. A Mercedes is a nice car. I hope you like it. Personally I don't know that I could ever drive a Merc because all I can see in my head is Hitler touring in his Mercedes Benz. Bah. And again, if you are reading this, read carefully: I don't give a shit that you bought one or I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy one. Again, you buy what you think is right for you. I don't give a flying fuck what you drive or even what the silver Saab lady drives, it was incongruity of the bumper sticker that I was commenting upon.

5. If you don't give a flying fig newtom about what I think, why even post what you think on my blog? If you don't care what I think, what makes you think I'll care what you think?

I'm sorry you could see the subtleties of my post.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Some people give no thought at all to the things they say (or post on their car for that matter).

5:37 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and miss you. I hope everything is well with you and your family!

xox

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home