Friday, July 27, 2007

I Saw the Sign

...that we don't quite belong here (anymore).

Case in point: Earlier this summer, we cancelled our lawn fertilizer service. Not because it couldn't use it or even because we decided we were going to do it ourselves. I'd like to pretend that we cancelled it because we were concerned about the pesticides, and we are of course concerned about that, but quite honestly that is why we cancelled. We cancelled because our cash reserves were getting quite low and having an impeccably green lawn was low on the totem pole of needs.

Around the time we cancelled the service, I noticed that across the road from us the people that live there had a fairly large crew of landscapers. "Hm," I thought, "Spring clean-up." I thought about how nice it would be just to hire a crew of gardeners to come spruce up the place. I enjoyed the ethnic chatter from my own backyard. These guys worked hard.

A few weeks ago, I noticed them again, planting, weeding, mowing.

And today, there they, yet again.

People, I just realized this isn't a spring clean-up, mid-summer touch-up, high summer weed-out, these guys are their regular gardeners.

That's right: my neighbors don't just have a gardener, they have a crew, that appears to come at least once a week to mow, and twice a month to maintain the, shall we just say, grounds.

We so need to move.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I don't wanna live here anymore, frog. We're like fish outta water.

10:16 PM  
Blogger frog said...

We've got tons of your kind of water over here.

Come--come to the new neighborhood!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home