Thursday, April 19, 2007

House Showing with Prayers Attached

Another showing on the old (where we are living) house today. We came close this past weekend to a sale on the new house (across the street from where we are living). It was a second showing and they even came over here to talk about the "finishes" we were putting in over there. They were pretty positive about our current house and our taste seemed to jive with theirs. There was lots of proprietary talk about "this is where my desk will go" and "this is where the grand piano will sit." We were very excited. But alas, they left town undecided and want to look at more houses on the other side of the city. It doesn't mean it's not going to happen, but the odds are way down, and here we are, still owning two houses and wanting neither.

I'm thinking of that St. Joseph we buried in the front yard. Perhaps he needs some pals? More St. Joseph's? Or perhaps it's time to call out the big guns and get St. Jude, patron saint of hopeless cases? My dad told me that a woman in his office bought a house last summer, went to dig a garden, and uncovered fourteen (14!) St. Joe statues. Maybe excess is the key here too? Anyhow, I decided that the correlate of burying St. Joseph will be to post pictures of him on my blog every time we have a showing. Here's the first in the series:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Good luck with all that. You buried ole' St. J when it was raining, right?

I can't remember how long you've had your house on the market, but I thought it was since last summer (?). Ours took 9 mos to sell, and by the time we did, we practically gave it away and I couldn't have cared less.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

The housing market here is so wild that I couldn't even begin to understand what you're dealing with. Most houses here sell within 48 hours of being listed (seriously).

Good luck and lots of thoughts n wishes to all of you on it.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Good luck. I feel your pain; we too have a house that needs to sell. Perhaps I will start burying statues in the backyard too.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home